X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corn camo vs snow camo

I have a set of cornstalk camo coveralls and a set of snow camo coveralls, and most of the videos i have seen the hunters are wearing fall camo gear..But a lot of hunters on this web-site talk about the white-coveralls..So I was hoping some of the experienced hunters on here could shed some light on which camo they prefer to wear...Does it really make a difference or does it just come down to preference...I do not have a layout blind so i am laying in the decoy spread..

I would say if you're not going to be completely concealed in a blind go with the white clothing and just position a bunch of decoys around you- that's what we do and it works very well.

Comment

Thanks for the reply... Do you use a mask of some sort or do you paint your face...

Comment

No masks- just white caps.

Comment

Not that I'm doubting HIPLAINS' snow hunting prowess, but if you're only going to wear a cap than make sure you keep your head down. I've walked out of our spread a couple times and looked back, the faces on those only wearing caps stick out big time. I wear a mask, but I'm thinking of covering any exposed face with paint. So I would wear a mask or a cap and some face paint along with it. just my .02

Comment

If you're laying out in the dekes then definitely wear the whites. You could get away with the cornstalk camo if there is enough material laying around to build a little nest and cover yourself with, but my first choice is the whites. definitely cover your face with something..even if it ends up being your glove covered hand. Bare skin shines like a light bulb out there..
            Good luck

Comment

some times we layout an some times we set in our spreads. we always have our whites on. we always try to keep the sun out of our faces. i wear a mask some don't. some of the guys i hunt with don't really know what i look like they have only seen me with a mask on. for the guys that have a hard time laying down well they just set in some high socks or by a flyer's. some guys put on sun glasses. i just can't see good with them on. so put a gloved hand in my face to cover and see.

Comment

Snow for corn camo

Camo is relative to the area in which your hunting. Wear the wrong thing and you stick out like a sore thumb. Even if your wearing the right combination you still need to be still and make little movement. Take the 5/50 rule. Make 3-5 small steps then count slowly to 50 at the same time combing the area for game. Game become very wary of a hunter that is going slow as opposed to the fast moving hunter. You have a better chance them.

Dan Fine
                Ready 2 Hunt

Comment

Snow vs. Corn

For ducks or geese you want to keep low to the ground, and mask for face with a paint. If you in corn then you can use some dark colors. Again no matter what you wear anamils and birds rely heavily on movement over anything else. You can be in the wrong color and not move and eventually you will get game close to you.

Dan Fine
                  Ready 2 Hunt

Comment

Working...
                  X